Print this page out or forward to your homeowners!
Please have your listing photo-ready at the time of the appointment.
Main Living Spaces and Bedrooms
- Clean and dust very well.
- For homes with a waterfront view, open all blinds and curtains.
- De-clutter! Try to remove at least half the books, knick-knacks, toys, keepsakes, awards, all family photos, off season clothes (makes closets seem more spacious).
- Turn all lights on and replace burnt out bulbs. Consider using newer generation bulbs that are daylight in color.
- Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Minimize extra floor coverings – remove small throw rugs; large area rugs are acceptable.
- Remove all signs of pets and confine animals. Keep cat litter boxes clean with fresh litter and concealed, if possible.
- When planning to list your home near any holiday, plan with photography in mind. Either schedule the photography before decorating, or after the decorations are put away. No matter what holiday, decorations in the photos date the home and your listing.
- Remove and/or secure valuables and medications.
Kitchen and Dining
- Clear kitchen counter tops leaving a maximum of only one appliance per counter top area.
- Remove everything from the refrigerator front and sides such as photos, magnets, kid’s art.
- Remove table coverings, but consider putting out place settings.
- Remove garbage and trash cans from sight.
- Place toilet lids down.
- Clear bathroom countertops of all toiletries and leave only one floral arrangement or house plant.
- Put out your best towels, folded and hung neatly.
- Remove items from shower – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.
- Remove trash cans, gardening tools, children’s toys and pet toys from sight.
- Neatly coil water hoses.
- Open patio umbrellas and set out patio furniture cushions; ensure they are clean.
- Uncover grills, pools, spas, and hot tubs; ensure they are clean.
- Sidewalks, driveways, decks, and patios should be clear of plant debris and leaves.
- Put garage doors down and remove vehicles from the driveway.
Thank you for your cooperation!